Saturday, July 3, 2010

Things that make me happy....


It can be said that it's the little things in life that make us happy.  For me that's also true and for some reason those things are usually beauty products.  Now I know that at my age I shouldn't be so giddy over such a thing and that it might be a bit childish but, what can I do? I'm a girl through and through.

I was browsing Shape Magazine ( I got a free three month subscription for some reason that I can't remember) when I came across this advertisement......

....and I thought:  I need that immediately!  So, I rationalized buying it for some girlfriends' birthdays' and threw one into the cart for myself.  Purchased here: http://lippmanncollection.stores.yahoo.net/allproducts.html

Now, the polish is $18.00 plus about $6.00 for shipping so if you are buying one bottle it's a little steep but if you are buying several the shipping is amortized (rationalizing: it's a gift, the rationalizing AND the nail polish).

This polish is AWESOME!  You can't tell from the picture but the chunks are huge and all different shapes. There are even ones that are sliver with a little pink dot in the middle.  The coverage is great and the polish base holds onto the glitter like cement!  Which, is great to keep it on, not great when you want to get it off.  My nieces loved it when we did their annual year end spa day at my house. Ok, they didn't love it as much as I do, for some reason.  I found a fellow nail polish lover, Cidell, and shamelessly copied her application pictured here. Perfect for the 4th of July celebration because it's like fireworks on your fingers.  Like I said, it's the little things....

Yes, I'm gonna sew something else soon, now that I've shaken jet lag and begun my THREE DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment