Sunday, July 18, 2010

Coming up on a very special... Circus.

I hit the fabric store on my half day Friday to pick up fabric for my next few projects.  The store was empty except for the staff who all hung out with me ooing and ahhing my fabulous fabric choices.  I felt very special.  I know they were just bored but hey, I had fun.

First up: 40th birthday party dress 
My best friend's husband and I are throwing a "surprise" birthday for her 40th in August. We are having it at a winery in Wilsonville.  I hope this turns out well and in time for the party.  Stay tuned. Now I just need to figure out what to wear to MY 40th birthday party. I have 5 months. tick tock.
Next: This McCalls 6083 jumpsuit.  I'm either going to do; Crop pants w/halter B, or shorts with short sleeves D
I have no idea why I think I need this garment but I thought it might be fun to try this trend with a knit. Could be cute with a black belt and black sandals.  OR could be total disaster.  I know you are on the edge of your sofa.
Next, and actually I think I'm making this first:
BWOF 7/10 Dress123 in this lovely Hawaiian print.  I've become compelled to make a dress out of a tropical print.
I found this awhile back and took a swatch of it home. I thought I wanted to do this dress, Vogue 7848
and I think I was drawn to the tropical print on the envelope. Or maybe I was thirsty for a margarita and Jimmy Buffet was on the radio.  Anyway, I decided that I needed a dress with sleeves, so i had more options to wear it.  The Burda dress could be too dumpy though. I'm a little nervous about it being a sack. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment