|New Year's Eve; wearing my grandmother's mink coat for the first time.|
I noticed that the bloggers out there do a yearly recap but the above is my recap for you. That was last year. Here's what's planned for this year.
1. Sell my house in California - renters want to buy it- yippeee.
2. Buy a new computer- mine is limping along and aged.
3. Run the Shamrock 5k again in March- improve time and bring along friends
4. Sew a few jackets- at least 4 are planned- not enough for the jacket a month but that's ok.
5. Enter one contest
6. Join a sew a long- vintage sew a long- check! Found a pattern that I bought in the 80's
7. Finish my sister's dress- this should be #1 or 2 but I just thought of it.
8. Make a few blouses- at least 1 planned w/pattern and fabric purchased
9. Make at least one pair of pants
10. Sew through the stash before buying more fabric
11. Make one coat- one planned w/fabric already purchased.
12. Teach some kids how to sew- already started, see later post.
13. Go to Paris for vacation.
That's all I'm willing to share at this point. I've got a few others but let's just say those are more personal. I will say that my new job has given me a good sense of accomplishment and doing a good job means taking a lot of time to plan and learn etc. It's taken a lot of my mental capacity these last two months but I know the key to keeping balance is also putting energy into my personal life and that includes doing the above things for myself. Balance; not easy but necessary.
And now a word about new years.....
I love to dress up. Love it. And the dress I picked to wear out to dinner with friends was my favorite sewing project of the year- blogged about here. I see on Erica's site that it's her favorite too- fitting as she is one of my sewing heros and when she made it, I dug the pattern out and made it asap. Let's just say that dressing up makes me happy. I had forgotten how much. And more so when I can wear something I made that is fabulous.
|Dinner at Blue Hour with friends wearing the fabulous Guy Laroche dress and fake eyelashes.|
|Two fabulous girlfriends: Angie and Mollie. And, I finally learned how to pose in a flattering way.|
We had a wonderful time. There was one altercation (hushed but heated), one marriage proposal (not to me) and a lot of champagne. Let's just say my couch was my best friend on the first day of 2011 and I caught up on all of Boardwalk Empire. I should add a goal regarding toning my flabby arms- eeek.
Happy New Year everyone.