Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe & Mercantile, New Addiction

I always wondered if making quilts would be as fun as garments and after making the cutie pie little baby blanket, my thoughts are that yes it would.  No fit issues or wearibility problems makes for a successful project w/out issues, right?

Well, I picked up a copy of the Better Homes and Gardens quilters special magazine (or some such mag) after buying the little quilted projects book just for kicks.  They had a whole section showing cool quilt shops all over the country.  Low and behold the most beautiful one, is right down the road from me in West Linn, OR:  Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe & Mercantile, 1914 Willamette Falls Drive, 97068.


So, on my last half day Friday last week, I took myself down there, fighting the Oregon State Fair traffic on I5 all the way but it was totally worth it.  Here's a link to their blog and a shop "tour" with pictures.  I think it really shows the amazing selection and displays of fabrics and quilts. I pasted in a few images so you can see.  You would have to be totally blind to have trouble coordinating fabrics for a project in here.  See....
And yet, as I wandered through with the inspiration for my project I wasn't finding the bright childlike colors with whimsical prints that I needed.  My hopes were dashed.  Even the website shows Amy Butler prints so there should be some to choose from right?  Finally, I asked someone.  Low and behold there is a whole other "store" down the hall in the same building that is ALL BRIGHT AND WHIMSICAL fabrics, including the Amy Butler prints.  Hurray!!!

I spent two hours in there pulling fabrics for my project.  What a delight.  I'm not making a quilt, but I think I might need to take a little class and get myself going on my first one very soon.  In addition they have little kits for smaller projects and cute decorations for things like Christmas (which is coming sooner than later) and other little gems.  And the best part dear readers that don't live in Oregon.......they have a website and  you can shop on line!!!!!!!!!!!!  Fabulous.  Here's the link.....
Hollyhill Quilt Shoppe & Mercantile online.   So see, you can shop here with out moving here, because as I've stated, we are full.  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment